From the Front Cover
“A considerable amount of verifiable research shows that the most effective leadership comes from listening to your emotions, expanding your cultural awareness, and working more positively and collaboratively.
“But how do you turn those goals into working plans and real results?
“Reframing Change: How to Deal with Workplace Dynamics, Influence Others, and Bring People Together to Initiate Positive Change is based on the premise that if people act with integrity and learn to develop positive workplace relationships, a ripple effect can engender similar changes in an organization as a whole….
“You have the power to consciously choose actions that will make a profound difference in your professional and personal lives and for the organization for which you work. This book will show you how it’s done.”
To order a copy of Reframing Change, click here.
- Of extraordinary value to leaders, middle managers, and management students.
- Fresh and practical how-to manual for putting new ways of thinking to work in an organizational setting.
- Organized around a series of essential skills – how to:
– Test assumptions about others,
– Clear negative emotions and augment positive ones,
– Build effective relationships,
– Bridge cultural differences with people,
– Deal with difficult situations, and
– Initiate change in work environments.
- Demonstrates how acting with integrity and learning to develop positive workplace relationships can engender a ripple effect of similar changes in the organization as a whole.
- Backs its advice with results from a rapidly growing body of rigorous social science research.
- Drives home advice with stories of real people in real situations that explain key underlying principles.
- Case-study-like story lines provide a framework for each chapter.
- Textboxes offer summaries of supporting research findings.
- Endnotes give full citations.
- Comprehensive index makes it easy to find information to solve particular workplace problems.
Development of Reframing Change has been generously supported by Maconda O’Connor, PhD, LMSW-ACP, a Houston-based philanthropist. The authors are exceedingly grateful to her for recognizing the potential value of this work and for her steadfast commitment to leadership and organizational effectiveness.
Preview Chapter 1
[To download a pdf file of the entire chapter, click here.]
- To order a copy of Reframing Change: How to Deal with Workplace Dynamics, Influence Others, and Bring People Together to Initiate Positive Change, go to one of these sites:
- To view the table of contents, click here.
- For a brief summary of the change model the book is based on, visit the Concepts page.
- To learn more about the authors, click here.
- For a detailed list of the research the book is based on, see the Book References.
- To see what others are saying about the book, click here.